Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Painting

Painting in the spring with the warmth of the sun on my shoulders gives me creative energy.    Its been a busy winter and I haven't had the time or energy to really do a good painting from start to finish, but finally had a few days to do that.   Pictures to be posted soon!

I just finished a couple of abstracts and a painting of one of my favorite walking spots in Exuma.    It's fun to be able to sit for hours and create, to express my thoughts with the movement of line and colour.     The only reason for stopping is to sleep.    I love it when I can't wait to get up in the morning and continue on where I left off, along with a fresh perspective on how the piece is coming along.    Sometimes the painting looks better than I expected after an intense few hours of closely working on it the night before.

Soon I will be able to paint outside again, at one of Stevestons local beaches and boardwalk areas.    I will get up early in the morning and start before it gets busy and by the time I finish the locals will have started their walks around the beach areas.    But it is still a bit cool and damp and other work is taking up my morning hours so I have to be patient.

I find it is a bit more expensive painting outside, I use more paint straight from the tube out of convenience and I have to make sure every stroke counts just a bit more.

I also have to conserve for a painting trip coming up to the Bahamas.    I am hoping to explore a few new areas this time, get some new subject matter with a different viewpoint.    But always the same gentle shades of blue and green with the bright colour of flowers to add some interest.    I can't wait!

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment