Monday, June 10, 2013

A hot and sunny June in Exuma

Beauty, freedom, peaceful and intimate, words that come to mind as I sit on the beaches of Exuma, painting.

Looking around I am in awe of the serenity, the quiet colours coming to life in the movement of the waves, the wind blowing the palm leaves and the clouds slowly changing shape with the breeze.

For me, the experience is a private one connecting with the feelings that inspire me to paint the scene with my watercolours on paper.

Before I start though, I set up my bottles of water, my paint tray, my brushes, the colours I will need for the scene and ipod music.

I am shy to show my work as a lot of artists are.   I have the experience and confidence in my skills, but painting outside leaves the finished piece  rougher as I have dealt with the outside elements of nature while painting.

I love it though, its an experience that I find so rewarding, so relaxing.   Besides, the water breaks include a swim in the ocean, a stretch to the sun to relieve sore muscles of sitting and concentrating for a couple of hours.     I usually do one painting a day on the beach and save energy for the days to come and new areas to visit and paint.    

This trip has also given me new beaches to explore while staying at a different place for my 2 weeks.
I have enjoyed walking the area daily early in the morning, walking along the rough gravel roads leading to the beaches of Hoopers Bay Exuma.     

Tomorrow I head to Chat N Chill to paint, my supplies already packed in my beach bag.
Stay tuned for new photos in a couple of weeks in my gallery.
Also, if you are a facebook user please check out and like Joanne Rienstra's Paintings, my facebook page.

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment