Monday, November 26, 2012

A Sunny Frosty Morning in Steveston B.C.

I couldn't resist this sunny morning, to get out early and photograph the beautiful mountains, ships and reflections of the scenery in the calm waters of Steveston B.C.    The fishermen were out early too, as usual standing on the docks and out in their boats hoping for a good catch of the day.
It was so peaceful, frosty and cool, but the perfect way to start my day off from other jobs.
After downloading my photos, I found it too hard to decide which one to paint first, so will work on a series of smaller paintings about 6"x12" , maybe use them for one of our local art shows in the Spring.
I've been working for an hour on my first painting, and its about 1/3 done, but its important to step back take breaks and give the paint a chance to settle and dry.   The painting process, getting the composition laid out and putting in the foundation of the first colours can be so involving and its easy to lose track of time.
It can be too easy to overwork an area too and experience has taught me to slow down and just let some of the colours be the way they are.    Still learning that in everyday life, and remembering "it is what it is", can be easier said than done if you let every little detail get to you.    That was my goal today, just taking in all the colours and natural peace of nature and trying to translate that onto paper with paint.

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment