Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A breezy November visit

Back home in Steveston again, after a beautiful and breezy November visit to Exuma.     But the sometimes cooler morning weather didn't stop me from getting up with the sun and heading off to the beach to paint, in the silence and calm of the morning.    Opening new tubes of paint, using a new detail brush helped me to create a few new paintings on my favorite beaches.   

I had a wonderful time sitting on the stone wall at Three Sisters Beach capturing the 3 sisters rocks hoping I would finish before any rain started.    Luckily it never did rain and I spent 2 hours and finished up with a painting I really liked.    The Exuma Palms Hotel, justs steps away was a nice retreat where I had a glass of wine with my new photographer friend.     So nice to meet a another talented creative soul.    There's a feeling of TLC at the Exuma Palms that shows in the hard work of the talented Manager, new to the island.
And I hear he is a fantastic chef too!     I just cant imagine how anyone could resist staying there and waking up to the sound of the waves of the beach.    Then having one of the Managers coffees and sitting out on the patio with nothing to do but breathe, really, what more could anyone looking to get away from it all ask for.

I had several visits to Chat 'N Chill on Stocking Island and tried to complete a painting of the bench by the tree at the tip of the bay.    I think I had too many distractions but did enjoy chatting with some really interesting and new friends, so it was still time well spent.

It was extra quiet on the island and not everything had reopened for the busy tourist season coming up, but that was just perfect for me.    Just exactly what I wanted.

My head is still floating in that "zone" of being away, still clinging to the sensation of sand beneath my feet, the sun warming my shoulders and hugs of a long distance friend.    But I never completely unpack my suitcase, why bother, I know I will be back.

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment