Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Walking the beach by "Big D's"

I love going to "Big D's" Its always peacefull , always relaxing , fun , and so beautiful and I took a lot of photos to paint from, while walking the beach in March.

Even on the windy days, there is a calmness of the horizon line, the sky and the water.

While painting the shoreline, I could feel my breathing slowing down with the gentle waves, and waves are always fun to paint. To work the blue, green of the water, the sand and white of the waves with paint is so much fun. I watch the waves all the time when I am in Exuma, walking along the shore, stopping to sit and feel it clear my mind. And I have to feel it, before I paint it, to bring it to life for myself, and for you. I want you to hear the waves, in the movements I make with my paintbrushes, to feel the weightlessness of large white clouds in a blue sky.

Just a few more palm leaves to paint, then I am finished this painting.

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment