Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Atlantic Side -part 2

My second day of working on the painting of the Atlantic Side of Stocking Island, is turning out to be a slow process. The final hour, the touchups are always tricky and I find I have to take a lot of little breaks, to step back and not get too caught up in all the detail.

This is often when I decide to start a separate painting, working between the two of them switching back and forth. With patience, skill and a bit of luck, I will end up with two good paintings in two weeks.

But once in a while I have to decide wether to continue and work it out, or save my paint, and throw out a painting that isnt worth the struggle. I know other Artists feel the same way and when you have worked as an Artist for a long time, you find it gets easier to do this, because you know the next one will be worth it.

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment